Sunday 20 October 2013

Hello crisp mornings and falling leaves,




Okay, so maybe this image is a tad late but if I'm going to be honest, I totally forgot I had even created this image, oops :S

Autumn is my favourite time of year and the one thing I cannot wait for is Halloween. The taste of spices and sugar to the ritual of dressing up in costume to scare everyone in your hometown! I plan on going all out this year (I'm actually going to try putting contact lenses in my eyeballs!) Hopefully I can do a shoot or get a few photos at least of my costume so I can upload and stuff so fingers crossed xD

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good summer at least? Now it's gone I've reflected back on what I did during my summer time and I don't have a lot to say for it so I'm going to make sure that I spend all this year making up for it. It's a shame to put so many beautiful days to waste. I'm spending my time at the moment working on my sketchbook for my Art & Design course which I will be able to (hopefully) upload some of my illustrations into my gallery as well as the images a capture for my subject. I'm concentrating on fictional characters, which basically sums up everything I've ever done anyway, and I'm going to sketch existing characters as well as create my own. I already have loads of ideas in my head and I can't wait to pursue them! I'm even making my own costumes for the images! I've never done that before!

Anyway, to end this (already too long..) post, I'll leave you with the link to one of my most favourite and most influential fine art photographers, which will give you an insight into what I'm hoping to create. She's honestly amazing!

http://www.kirstymitchellphotography.com/gallery.php?album=5

Her diary entry for one of my favourite images where she talks about how she came up with the idea/created everything:
http://www.kirstymitchellphotography.com/diary/?p=1850

x

No comments:

Post a Comment